HybridZ

headlight problem

I just picked up my Z from storage tonight and this is my first time driving it. I had it inspected and it did not pass the first time due to a lack of headlights. So I had the mechanic at my cousin's garage "fix" it and it seemed as if he did. It wasn't right, but it worked good enough. I had only parking lights when in the "low" position and had parking lights and low beams when in the "high" position. So I parked the car and turned it off when i got him, went inside and had some supper. I came back out to go meet up with some buddies and i had no headlights at all! In both the high and low positions i only have parking lights. I have not checked anything (not even fuses) but will be tomorrow. The only thing that i have touched the car is the battery, i replaced it with a new one. Is there anything that I could have done to mess up the headlights when changing the battery, are there any common problems that i am overlooking? Thanks for the help!

Well, the headlights on a Z are common to fail. The first thing I would ask is what did the guy do to get the low beams working? Next thing would be to make sure that all your graounds and connections are good. Following that I would check your rocker switch on your steering column. That is usually the culprit for headlights going out. It could also be a fuse I would imagine. You might want to upgrade your lights by adding relays. Check the forum. It is discussed a lot here.

Good luck

Guest Carolina Z

Wiring first then the actual sockets that plug into the back of the light.

My problem is I want the Blue BMW look and havent figured out yet how to achieve that

Any suggestions.

(the Z is a 77)