HybridZ

No. 4&6 cylinder pictures what is this?

Thumper

Well I took my head off to sell it and was looking at my cylinder walls and was thinking wow they look good intill I got to no.4 :shock:http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9294 I have no idea on bottom ends. :confused2 So what do those marks on cylinder wall mean. And on no. 6 cylinder it looks like I have little dents in the outer rim of the piston. I was debating if I should rebuild the bottom end so this might just presuade me. I know I should for the most realiabity but costs are beginning to get up there so I need to save some money somewhere. Thanks for you input.

Thoes dents are most likely caused from preignition or pinging.. Sounds like you have been running alittle too much boost with out enough fuel eh? As far as the cylender wall..you will most likely need to tear the motor down have the block honed and get your pistons checked out. You might want to at least drop your oil pan to see if you have any piston skirts sitting at the bottom..Looks like a rebuild is in your future..

I thought so about the cylinder walls. But I thought the dents in the pistons where maybe from metal shavings getting into my combustion chambers. Yeah for awhile I was 13psi with the stock fuel pump and unknow a/f ratio. But when I ran 20-18psi it was 12:1 all the way to read line. Oh well guess I'll have to put those +1mm pistons in there that I've been eye balling. For 24psi should I replace the rods also or not mess with that. I am most defiantely doing forged +1mm pistons, apr head studs, apr rod botls, but would like not having to put much more money into the bottom end.