HybridZ

Re-Wire just about complete

Ok I've finished re-wiring everything to my board, all the fuses, relays, etc. all there. I hesitantly hooked the battery up yesterday.. no fuses blew.. Ok so feeling adventerous I put the key in the ignition.. Acc relay clicks over, power works, ign power works, everything seems to be good except one thing i notice.. I take the key out.. and the brake light is still illuminated on the speedo. So i push the e-brake down.. it goes off. Somehow this circuit is hot without the key in the ignition. So i'm starting down the problem on the wiring diagramns.. as far as i can tell the green yellow wire goes to the actual brake switch, parking brake switch, the indicator on the speedo, and into a "Brake Warning Lamp Check Relay" Ok so i figure this has got to be where it's getn' it's power from.

There are three wires that go into on the diagramn, yellow, green-yellow, and black, The black goes to body ground, and the yellow seems to go to the voltage regulator (wiring diagramn from a 77 280 i have a 78) which doesn' exist on my car and the the alternato, which the fuse is disconnected so there is now way it could be transfering power. any thoughts on this?

-Ed

you rock bro...

After lookn' at the 78 schematic.. I think the problem is with the Green power wire... tracing it back to fuse box is supposed to get power during ign or "ON" so tomorrow i'll screw it onto an ACC terminal and see if that solves the problem.. if so i must just have an ign wire mixed up.

Thanx for the help

-Ed

haha ok i feel retarded.. dise regard this post.

I simply mis marked my wires... I labeled the wire that powers all the guages (OEM box called it Fuel gauge) labed that dome lamp so it was hooked to bat power instead of ign. Swapping the two should fix this problem.

Thanx for the help though.

Ed

haha yeah.. It's a nice change for this car. Although the 5spd rebuild i need to is gonna be LOTs of fun and not so cheap. Hopefully the 4 spd will hold up for a while. Atleast it moves and runs again :-) yay! Although it sounds my new gasket has an intake leak yet again... gah. The fun of Z cars.

-Ed