HybridZ

American Racing

I am trying to decide on what wheels to get and had pretty much settled on the Konig Rewinds in 15x7, but now that American Racing has brought out the Silverstone and offers it in 15x8 I might go with those. (Does anyone know if the bolt pattern is right?) My question is...if I run a 15x8 inch wheel with 5" backspacing will it clear my suspension? I am running the MM coilovers with 10" springs. I have searched and found that Tim240Z is running 16x8 with 5" backspacing but will this backspacing still work for a 15" wheel? Also, I would really like to have a wheel with a good sized lip...is it possible to run smaller backspacing than 5" to achieve this look? I am away at school and cannot take measurements for about another week...but would really like to get some opinions on what size to order.

Guest JAMIE T

The American Racing wheels are made to order. They will make them in any size and back space you want. That includes lug patterns more than likely.

The American Racing wheels are made to order. They will make them in any size and back space you want. That includes lug patterns more than likely.

Are you sure about that? There is a set I'am interested in.

Ari

In a 4 lug, they will not go any bigger than 8 inches wide. I know this for a fact.

!M!

Guest JAMIE T

I was speaking baout the Silverstone's. I do believe Matt is right on the lug though. Sorry, I don't ever consider that since my car is converted to 5 lug and it is just so easy to do it these days. I would just figure out which wheel you just gotta have and plan accordingly.

Guest WHITEBOY

Is a 4 lug Mustang wheel the same bolt patern?

With a 15 x 7, what backspacing is required? I want the Tire centered between the coil and the wheel well lip.

I have 15x8" wheels with coilovers on the front of my car. I run 4 1/2" backspacing. I do have the SubtleZ front fenders though which give me about 1 1/2" more space. If you try and run 5" of backspacing with 15" rims you'll likely be rubbing your springs.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you sure that a 15x8 wheel with 5inch back spacing will hit the springs?

Will it hit only in the front, or the back as well?

I am really worried now, I just placed the order yesterday.

If anyone on here knows for sure that a 15x8 wheel will or will not clear front and back with coilovers please post.

I'll take some measurements (and maybe a pic) later and post here. If you have already ordered with 5" b.s. you can still use slip on spacers without problems. It's the other direction you can't fix, too little b.s.

Before ordering mine I triple checked all my wheel, fender, coilover measurements and I came up with 4 1/2". Just to give myself a little room for error I ordered 4 5/8" b.s. Now I use 1/8" spacers.

When my 240Z had stock fenders and coil overs I measured and had Monocoque make custom 15 x 8 wheels for the car. The rims had 4.5" backspacing and I could get the tip of my little finger between the tire/rim and the lower spring perch without any spacers. I also had to roll the rear fender lips when running 225/50-15 tires.

Yeah I already ordered the Silverstones 15x8 with 5 inch backspacing.

That's why I was worried about what Dan said. I was trying to avoid using spacers but I guess I ordered the wrong bs and will need them now.

Guest JAMIE T

OK, Let us know how you like the Silverstones. I have wheels for my car but I would have gotten those had them been available last year. Do they do anything bigger than 15"? I've got 13" front brakes so a 15" would probably not fit. A 16" would be pushing it.