HybridZ

Cobra Coupe/ J. Washington needed

staledale

Guest SpyderZ

My friends and I altogether we have 5 of these kits. Not too many of these kits were made. I believe Tom Nalle made about 7 kits total for the Zcars. I hope no one will replicate these. That way it will become even rarer.

Hi Vinh, while back we were looking for those cobra coupes and I remembered your old web site. I could not find it to show everyone.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=90139&highlight=cobra+coupe

I always liked your yellow Z, Love that new roadster. You do damn nice work. next time I get lost in Philly I'll have to look you up and see those cars. I understand why you don't want any more of the coupes made but there's a lot of people that would like to have one. A new one wouldn't be a Nalle. Did you see the other one on E-Bay a couple of months ago? It was rough, It too was out west.

Glad to see your back, kept on making those nice Z's

Staledale

ps, I get lost everytime I'm in Philly.

Hi Staledale,

A friend of mine was selling his Cobra couple months back but then he changed his mind. He is keeping it in my garage right now. It's just ashame these friends of mine are no where near where I am at. They don't know how take care and maintain the cars. If these cars fell into the right people it would worth a lot of money. I can't wait to build mine so I can show my friends this is how you do it.

Anyway I still have my kit separate from the car. I am looking for someone willing to work with me to build a mold. I have a huge garage 5000+ sqft so I have plenty of space to build the mold and kit. It wouldn't be bad for me to build kits on a side. I think I do have some crazy ideas on body kits lol ..

Philly is small especially downtown. How can you get lost in Philly? Just find Broad St and you are good lol.. Yes contact me when you come to Philly. I have a few different versions of these Cobra Coupe kits and I can definitely make some improvement if I ever hook up with someone to make a mold for it. In the mean time I hope I can keep track how many of these kits exists around the world.

Yes my friend was that Asian guy that was discussed in that thread/link. His name is Sang and he used to own the nail salon here in Philly. Yes most of these kits were built on bad Zs except one. The blue with white stripes which my friend (Sang) owned. He used to keep this car in a garage. When he lost the garage he parked it outside in the streets. Bad bad bad.. Anyway that car had the stock L6 motor and at one point he had the supra motor mounted in it. Then he needed the money and sold the motor. Now the car just sitting there outside in open air. This is what I meant by they don't know how to take cares of things. Anyway the car now start to have rusts and pushing the fiberglass out and crack it. Sang also have the red 240Z convertible I posted on my web site also. Anyway one of these days I will take pictures of all these cars and post them on here.

Vinh, If I was 200 miles closer I'd gladly help you. Do you have any pictures of your friends 240Z convertible? I've got a 280z convertible I keep trying to work on. Have a set of JW's 280yx fender flairs for it. Got my 250 GTO project sitting there. I've been working on everyones cars but mine. It's a shame we can't get good Z's around here. I'd love to go west and bring back a truck load from AZ. Wish I could help you on that mold making project, I'd enjoy doing that.

Staledale

A good friend of mine mounted the Nalle kits on several of the last cars built. He was given the last kit as payment for doing the body installation work. Hopefully he'll join here and chime in. He is in the process of getting his Nalle-kitted Z back on the road and hopes to have it done quite soon.

When he built his own Nalle bodied Z, he modified every panel of the kit to make it look more like the actual Dayton Cobras. If you ask me, his car would be the one to pull the molds off of!

Staledale,

I see that you are from central PA. Where in PA are you at? Harrisburg or Carlisle? My friend Sang used to go to the Kit car show in Carlilsle PA. That was where he picked up all the info about these Cobra Kit. We plan to go to the Kit car show this summer too. I will contact you if we go and we will check out your projects.

Pete,

Please double check with your friend because my friend bought a red Cobra last summer from the same guy in VA. The car wasn't completed either and my friend paid around 13k for it. It has a Ford 302 engine and sidepipes. the base Zcar had some rusts but it was not that bad. The only thing I didn't like about it was it came with Corvette round tail lights. The kit I have has the small 3" round tail lights just like the original Cobra. I agree with you that the Cobra kits for the Z do not look like the original. To make it look like the original you have to do a lot of cutting and welding especially around the door area and then you have to worry about the concave rear glass. I've been looking into that also and trying to figure out how I can do it so that it will look like the original Cobra. I will do 1 thing at a time and I will start on the cleaning up the underside of the body first. Take care of all the rusts and then strenghtening the frame rails. Then I will work on getting the LS1 drivetrain in there. Then the do the body and modifications if necessary. Anyway this will be a time cunsuming project and it will take a lot of times. I don't know when I will complete it. Again I will try to take some pictures of my friend's Cobras today and post it on here. Take it easy everyone.

Wow, that whole company is for sale!

http://www.clubcobra.com/t62636.html

Too bad - if I had a spare $70K sitting around, I'd probably put in an order for one of the last ones to be built! Yeah, the Z is cool, but a purpose built Daytona would be so much nicer, IMO. Especially with the nice hardware that one comes with!

Got some deep pockets? Buy the business and keep building these beauties!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4542404217

Uh, the bidding is at $104.50. Imagine! The reserve is not met!!! ;)

1 hour to go on the bidding!

Vinh,

I live outside of Bellwood, Pa, about 100 miles west of Carlisle. I try to make that show every yr. but not sure about it this yr. Would like to see more Z guys show up there. We have a lot of nice Z's here in the east (like yours) and Carlisle Kit Car/ Import show would be a great place to meet and show off your cars. Wish some Admin would take charge and get an East coast Show going...hint, hint.

I see the Cobra coupe didn't sell, guess you've got the market cornered

Staledale

Staledale,

I've been emailing the owner (Mike) of the Cobra. He's been contacting Rick Nyerlin ( I think that's his name). I also emailed Rick N. before and I think he didn't believe me that we have 5 Cobra Zcar base Kits here. Anyway I have a little time today and snap some photos of my friend's (Danny) Cobra.

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/VinhZXT-cobra1.JPG

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/VinhZXT-cobra3.JPG

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/VinhZXT-cobra5.JPG

The first time I saw this car in my friend's (Sang) garage I fell in love with it and I said to myself I got to have one. I got one now but it still in bits and pieces. I will take some pictures of the kit this weekend when I have time to sort everything out.

Stale-

That show (Carlisle Import) is always on the weekend of my anniversary. Plus it always seems to downpour!!!!

Anyway, it also coincides with the Cruisin' Ocean City weekend. I much prefer to see those cars and that crowd than tromp around in the mud in Carlisle looking at rusty British car parts (just kidding about the last part!).

The Maryland Z club usually has a show at the Carlisle Import day. If I wasn't going to Ocean City MD for the Cruise In, I'd probably be there. Sorry, street rods, muscle cars and the odd exotic and kit car in OC beats Carlisle Import in my book - But I wish I could do both!

Vinh,

Eric N. (not Rick) is SlickZ (or something close to that) here on HybridZ. I've emailed him in the past months to talk about Daytona Cobra Zs (Nalle's specifically) and he mentioned "some guy in PA" that had at least one and wanted to get more info on your Daytona(s). He loves these things and is looking for all the info and quality photos he can get!

I expect my buddy Glenn to join HybridZ any day now and chime in on his modified Nalle-kitted Z, etc. He lives on the Kent Island, MD, and hopes to have his out on the street again (even in the rough body condition it's in) this Summer. He hopes to go to the Cruisin' Ocean City 2005 in May with it, if he can pull it off! I'm sure he'll be up for some of the Z shows in PA this year as well (ZDays, etc.). We'll surely get together soon!

Staledale- lets get the MD-PA HybridZ people at some of these shows this year!