HybridZ

About the KA

Guest CSTurbo240

Guest CSTurbo240

First of all, hi. I can't remember if i have posted here or not, so ill just intro myself again. I have a '71 240Z, in process of restoration.

Anyways, onto the heart of the matter. I have a '97 240sx with a turbo KA in it. Well, since getting my Z back together enough to be able to drive it, I am more excited about it than my SX that sits in the garage. I've had that SX for about 5-6 years i guess, and since the 240sx scene has exploded thanks to stupid movies and whatnot, i want something else that is fairly different. (i don't like to be a random sheep in the herd) A lot of my friends have 240sx's with SR's, and there a KA-t or two running around. Fastest of which is a KA-t that just ran 12.3. Anyways, i don't want this to be a debate on which motor to use blah blah, cause eventually im going to throw in an RB anyways. My main question is how much work is involved with swapping in a KA? Is it worth it to have just 250whp? Or should i just leave it stock for now until i get the RB for it? I'd like to find out some more information before i start yanking motors out. So any info yall can provide would be great. Thanks

Ben

Guest JAMIE T

I can't speak on the KA. It should be a straight forward swap. Of course new mounts will be in order, plumbing, wiring, etc... Regular swap stuff.

I would personally wait for the RB, then again I'm biased as that is what I have. I'm doing a RB26.

If you really want to swap something, try the L28ET. It's a fine motor with over 20 years worth of experiance. It is literally a bolt in and most guys make about 250whp with just an IC and good down pipe. Shoot, that's using 20 year old EFI and a flapper door type air meter! Plus they're cheap.

I'm looking for a det swapped 240sx to trade for my '94 Z28. You know anyone who might be wanting to step up to V8 Muscle? It runs 12's N/A all day and has all options, and they all work. 6spd...

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Its The Same Setup As The Sr....if You Want To Get Mounts For It There Are A Few Sr Guys Here That Can Point You In The Right Direction. The Ka Turbo Will Have A Ton Of Benefit Over The L Series. One Of Which Is Weight And Placement. You May Find That The Ka Is More Than Enough And Forget About The Rb.

Guest CSTurbo240

well the reason id be swapping in the KA and not something else, is because i have a KA right now. i wouldn't have to go search for an L28 or anything like that. so the only money i would be spending would be getting the mounts, plumbing yadda yadda. If i did like the KA over the RB in the Z, then i might just put an RB25 into my 240sx. I dunno, so many choices, so little time/money. so if any of you SR guys could give me some info on the mounting of the engine, i can prob get the rest stuck together no problem.

and jamie, i don't know of anybody offhand wanting to trade for a camaro, but ill keep an eye out for ya. i do know of one guy selling his SR 240 cause he having a kid or something. here a link for ya.

click me click me!@!!!!@31

• 3 weeks later...