HybridZ

280ZXT Fuel injectors quest

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Can anyone refer me to a source for unused 280ZXT fuel injectors? I bought a set from Z Barn, used, last year, and they apparently are making my car run lean/misfire. The mechanic says they're showing too high resistance.

do not install used injectors with out having them flow tested.i have some lucas injectors that i used for a few years on my zxt engine but i took them out.bought them new and always ran good.when i swapped in zxt motor i knew i didnt want to waste time trouble shooting nasty plugged injectors.engine is getting megasquirt with 42lb lucas injectors now.could you possably have non turbo injectors?

Send them out for cleaning and testing. I find it hard to believe that the impedance (resistance) is out of spec. The impedance should be in the 2.4 Ohm region. I've seen ones 2.2 Ohms, and ones 2.6 Ohms. They all worked fine after a good cleaning. It sounds like the injector just need a good cleaning and tesing.

Pete