HybridZ

Any closeup G nose pics out there?

dat240zg

I'm in the middle of fitting the gnose and have run into some fairly severe fitment issues. Currently, the gap between the leading edge of the hood and the back of the gnose is large (3/4"!) and there is also the issue of the line between the curve of the leading edge of the hood dropping off more quickly than the the line of the body/gnose. I recognize that this is a little difficult to visualize, but I don't have any pics with me at the moment. I have the nissan factory gnose hinges to change the angle of the hood opening and have adjusted as much as possible to tighten the gaps and yet still allow for no binding/rubbing.

Is this inherent with the gnose? Or is this more related to an aftermarket copy? Anybody have any closeup pics of their setup that I could reference?

Alan? Anyone?

Thanks. If I cant get this thing to fit any better I may be selling the hinges and going a different route.

Bryan

Dat240zg

Currently' date=' the gap between the leading edge of the hood and the back of the gnose is large (3/4"!) and there is also the issue of the line between the curve of the leading edge of the hood dropping off more quickly than the the line of the body/gnose.

...Or is this more related to an aftermarket copy? [/quote']

This sounds like the same thing that happened to aviatorx (I think that was his name) when he purchased his g-nose from Showcars Bodyparts. Although his headlight buckets where messed up as well.

Where did you purchase your g-nose?

!M!

I'm looking for the seam where the front edge of the hood meets the back of the gnose. My hood appears to curve down (never been hit in the front) so that the front of the hood is approx 1" lower than the edge of the gnose. I'm going to post pics tomorrow.

Thanks for your pic. Your's fits much better.

Bryan

Dat240zg