HybridZ

The begining(few pics)

hat1324

A friend of the family has had this Z sitting in her drivway for 10 years, and after realizng that her husbands honey-do list no longer includes her old Z(as he backed into the front passenger fender) they just wanted it out of there driveway...

its getting delivered here hopefully in a week or so(gary IN, to Indianapolis)

Ive allready started getting the things needed for the swap, but i first have to fix the body, heres a bunch of pics:

backrightx2kw.jpg

enginebayx4rv.jpg

floorboardx8fa.jpg

The scratch is made with a key, its a dirt/rust mix... just surface rust..

frontx4te.jpg

gapingholex3cw.jpg

EEK

grillx5ue.jpg

hoodx8ci.jpg

interiorx8jk.jpg

I have 2 new seats(along with the old) 2 dashs and 2 center consols and all the door pannels

leftfrontx0yt.jpg

origcolorx2ni.jpg

WHO IN THE HELL PAINTS A BLUE Z **** BROWN???

insidehatchx5wa.jpg

hatchx4bs.jpg

scratchedkmemberx8mv.jpg

scratched member showing just surface rust.

fenderhole2bw.jpg

MY biggest worry is the hole in the driverside engine bay(with the dollar). Its right by the strut tower and is a cruical spot. Im going to saw the hole and replace it with a piece of sheet metal but dont know if it will hold up..

also that bad rust spot is on the pannel im replacing..

if it were a 280 Id just keep walking, thing is up here the Zs are super rare, and the 260 is rare enough as is.

I lived in TX and there was 4 on my old street.. Junk yards had 6 or 7 of DIFFERENT styles.. up here they dont even know what it is...

I have a bunch of stuff from the 260 that I just cut apart, and pretty soon the stuff is most likely going to be junked do to a lack of space, so let me know if you need anything, and I can let you know if I have it.

AWESOME! I started calling junkyards and they just laughed at me..

I need only a few things for the body..

really I just need to know what you have..

what I know I need:

front passenger fender

possibly passenger side door.

Rocker pannels(both sides)

rear driverside lip for the wheel whell, i might be able to fix it but if I could just cut it.

driverside engine bay pannel(mines got a dollar sized hole in it)

the support bars that the bumper bolts too.

I cant think of anything else right now, we'll see when I start taking it apart.

BTW your in Chicago, im In Indianapolis and drive up toward there all the time..

where is the other guy mentioned located?

AWESOME! I started calling junkyards and they just laughed at me..

I need only a few things for the body..

really I just need to know what you have..

what I know I need:

front passenger fender

possibly passenger side door.

Rocker pannels(both sides)

rear driverside lip for the wheel whell' date=' i might be able to fix it but if I could just cut it.

driverside engine bay pannel(mines got a dollar sized hole in it)

the support bars that the bumper bolts too.

I cant think of anything else right now, we'll see when I start taking it apart.

BTW your in Chicago, im In Indianapolis and drive up toward there all the time..

where is the other guy mentioned located?[/quote']

I am not sure if I am going to use the front fenders from the 260 and cut them for flairs, or use the widened fenders from my 240,

I will have an extra set of doors, but I am not sure if they will be any better than yours.

the rockers might be worth cutting out of my 240, but I will be keeping the ones from the 260.

I will have both rear wheel lips from the 260 once i cut the fenders to fit the widened rear end

and I have both sides of the engine bay from the 260.