HybridZ

81 turbo problems

chrismoose17

Guest SpyderZ

Chris,

Please provide more info. When the car does this: did the car completely warm up? Do you still have all the stock sensors on the intake? This problem could be an EGR valve problem. It could be your VCM module sending the wrong signal to the EGR and caused the car to run rough.

Guest SpyderZ

yeah I had removed everything on the intake except for the Vacuum control valve that screw into the 4th runner of the intake. My car runs perfectly fine. The only problem is it idles a bit low when cold.

Guest bastaad525

if you've removed everything then basically your car doesn't have a 'choke' anymore, in other words it doesn't have a way to run the higher idle it needs to run at when it's cold.

I have a turbo motor but running an earlier 280z intake manifold that doesn't have ANYTHING on it, no cold start valve, no AAC, EGR, nothing. It too will idle abotu 200rpm low when it is cold, and when I first start it I need to push down the throttle slightly or it will just start and die. After it runs for about 5-10 seconds I can let off the throttle and it will idle.