HybridZ

BRE type spoiler on 280 front.....

FEnatic

I know that one doesn't fit a 280 front, but am wondering if there is any other companies or other vehicles, such as 69-70 Mustangs, with that type of chin spoiler that fits a 280. I really like that look for the Z's, but I just can't go out and spend money on different ones to try.

I've ordered one from smoothline - http://www.smoothline.com/

I ordered it on Jan 12, 2005. It still has not arrived. They have not billed my credit card and did say that it would be a while, so I am not overly concerned. They make up the parts as the orders come in. I spoke with them a few weeks ago and they indicated that it would ship around middle of April. We will see. I do not know of any other suppliers of this part. I'll let you guys know how it comes out when I recieve it. You can see a pic here: http://home.earthlink.net/~kk7jo/

I just caught this thread. I spoke with Smoothline this morning. They said a 280 spoiler would be 10 weeks out.

I see someone posted a pic of one actually mounted to a car. Is this spoiler still in good shape? If so would the owner be willing to let us make a mold? Apparently the only thing available for the 280 is without the vents. I used to get them from Dobi and Motorsport Auto.

My next race is towards the end of May. I used up my last one that had been repaired a couple of times last weekend. Switching to another setup really would be a pain. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan