HybridZ

Wooooo Hoooo, motors in!!!!! but....

Well, I got the motor in and it fit -- FIRST try like I had hoped. Just need to shorten the driveshaft a bit and plumb everything up.

Now for the problem...... I forgot to fill up the torque converter with fluid before I put it on the tranny. So it looks like it'll have to come back out huh???????

marcus...marcus...marcus :twak:

don't feel bad, man. installing a gas tank in my 74 (in the for sale section), i got it all bolted up and clamped and wondered why gas was splattering everywhere when i filled the tank to start it. turns out it wasn't exactly done when i bolted it.... cars work better when the filler neck is somewhere close to the tank. :icon3:

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

You don't have to pull it. Just add 4-5 quarts of fluid to the tranny, then start the engine up and IMMEDIATELY start adding fluid. Depending on the size of the converter you'll have to add another 4-6 quarts while the engine is running. The converter may make a little noise at first but it'll shut up when you get it full of fluid.

I never put more than a quart in a converter before installation... just enough to lube it up.