HybridZ

Steal braided turbo oil feed line.

zxgtr

Finally broke down and started on the oil feed line to the turbo, following all the advice I found by searching I came up with a basic low mod steel braided oil feed line :)

I used what slownrusty posted in 04 as a guideline.

The only 'mod' that you need to really do is weld up one of the hose ends and drill a 0.080" hole to restrict the oil, you can also try to find all this in 3 an size (from what I've read).

UPDATE

The hose ends I purchased are for teflon hose only, not teflon lined (gg summit, didnt notice a diffrence), so they are to small for the teflon lined hosed I purchased, I found a local shop that sells all of Aeroquips line so I will be purchasing crimpable hose ends that fit the teflon lined hose.

To fix this you need to order a standard hose end that can fit the teflon lined hose as opposed to teflon hose, not sure what part #'s these are but if someone who knows can post that would be great.

The hose ends I purchased are reusable, ive switched to crimp ones that can be used once, these should also be cheaper (lighter too) but youll need a way to crimp them.. To me the crimp ones seem to be able to hold the pressure more, the lines are rated at 750psi but I dont think reusable fittings are rated that high. I will try to locate the correct parts online and update here so others can do this as well.

2x AER-FBM1121 - 4an 90 degree hose fitting - $17

2x AER-FBM2408 - 6an female to 4an male adapter - $12

2x EAR-991945ERL - 6 an to 12mm x 1.25 - $14

1x AER-FCA0406 - 4 an steal braided hose - $26

$69.00 total, cost me about $8 handling from summit.

The earls fitting is perfect for the stock hookup on the turbo, for the fitting on the block its not a perfect fit, with a washer and some torque it will hold just fine, if someone knows a better fit let me know :).

Cost $40 less and is half the work from what slownrusty did, I think the end result is the same, this method is a little more bulky using adapters and such but I didn’t want blue and red fittings and didn’t feel like cutting and welding if it wasn’t required.

Here’s a pic of the fittings all together:

DSCF0001_003.sized.jpg

More pictures later if anyone’s interested.

Moved the center section out a little for better pics, shove it back a little and you dont even notice that the bottom is bulky, cant even see the blue earl fitting either (my goal), toss some high temp paint on it and it would be sick!

DSCF0007_003.sized.jpg

DSCF0009_003.sized.jpg

DSCF0008_002.sized.jpg