HybridZ

rear transverse link and lock bolt.

Put the nut back on the "lock bolt" but not to far (don't expose any threads) and tap it up. Putting the nut back on helps prevent the threads from getting damaged.

Once the lock bolt is out, the transverse link pin A.K.A. spindle pin/bolt, will slide out. BUT most of the time they are rusted in place. Many have come up with new swear words trying to remove them. There is a tool that has been passed around HybridZ that really helps with the removal. Search for "spindle pin removal tool" and you should find something.

!M!

One thing Matt wasn't real clear on is that the bolt you have circled in red comes out the top of it's hole.

I had to replace the spindle pins on mine with new ones when I put in poly bushings because I trashed the threads trying to get them out. Putting them back in wasn't a whole lot easier as it was a very tight fit.

Wheelman

I got mine from Victoria British but there are certainly other suppliers. I paid about $28.00 each for them, don't know if thats high because I really didn't search around much. You could also check with your local Nissan dealer and Motor-Sport Automotive (MSA).

When you put them back in use a wire brush to remove the yellow coating, it helps make the job easier, not easy, but easier.

Are you replacing the bushings as well? If you hadn't planned on it you should consider doing it now while it's already apart. No sense putting everything together just to take it back apart later. If you decide to do the bushings be sure and search this site for threads about it, there are some tricks you can use to get it all back together.

Wheelman

One thing Matt wasn't real clear on is that the bolt you have circled in red comes out the top of it's hole.

I didn't think it could have been misinterpreted. :weird:

cameron,

You can pick up the transverse link bolt at the Nissan dealer. Expect to pay around $30 for one. Make sure you apply anti-sieze on the bolt before installing. This aids installation and future removal.

!M!

Well i did get them out' date=' the dam things are trashed now. any good place to get new ones

p.s. thanks guys u guys rock~[/quote']

Doh. Most guys leave the spindle pin alone. Just leave the control arm attached to the strut and unbolt the control arm at the other end.