HybridZ

getting a constant 10 v to the ignition?

midnightzxt

OK, I have the relay jumpered (buy jumpered I mean I have a wire between two sockets where the relay used to be) I have two resistors, one for the tach signal and one for the fidle. I have a 12v source going to the + side of the coil, which is also connected to the "B" spot on the HEI module. I have the fidle connected to the small spade connector, or "G". I have a ground connected to the "W" spot, and the - side of the coil connected to the "C" spot as in the diagrams. I'm not getting any spark in the spark plug wires. Any suggestions?

I have a 12v source going to the + side of the coil, which is also connected to the "B" spot on the HEI module. I have the fidle connected to the small spade connector, or "G". I have a ground connected to the "W" spot, and the - side of the coil connected to the "C" spot as in the diagrams.
did you install the pull up resistor to the wiring leading from the "Fidle" to the "G" terminal on the HEI? it will not work without the pullup resistor

did you install the pull up resistor to the wiring leading from the "Fidle" to the "G" terminal on the HEI? it will not work without the pullup resistor

Yeah, I have the resistor going from the Vref to the Fidle on the relay board (in the MSnS installation guide). Wierd thing is that the 10v comes when the Fidle isn't even connected with a jumper or relay in. I thought the Fidle was supposed to trip the coil.. how does it do this when it always has a constant 10v?

If you are using a 4 pin HEi module you should not be doing any mods to the hardware to run MSnS_Extra, it will run the same as MSnS hardware-wise. You should not be running in 7 pin HEI mode in the software, that changes MSnS from this cylinder mode to next cylinder mode. You want to be in this cylinder mode for 4 pin HEI, so keep the code set to standard MSnS mode.

Do you have diode D9 installed backwards, that would cause this 10v to happen?

If you are using a 4 pin HEi module you should not be doing any mods to the hardware to run MSnS_Extra' date=' it will run the same as MSnS hardware-wise. You should not be running in 7 pin HEI mode in the software, that changes MSnS from this cylinder mode to next cylinder mode. You want to be in this cylinder mode for 4 pin HEI, so keep the code set to standard MSnS mode.

Do you have diode D9 installed backwards, that would cause this 10v to happen?[/quote']

I accidentally jumpered the fidle relay wrong. I now get no 10v to the HEI module when the ECU is on.. one thing fixed. BUT, now I don't get a single spark when i flip the ECU on and off.