HybridZ

This is my story(turbo motor swap)??

Guest robs76

Guest robs76

ok first off im a newbie to the board and id like to thank everyone for the valuable info that i can get from you guys,,,now that thats said,,,,im having trouble,,,i have a 76 z and ive done the turbo motor swap,,im not mechanically retarded,,ive work on swaps and such and such,,,but this is killing me(REALLY)

ive done everything that has been posted on the boards abouth the wiring,,but i get no spark at all,,this is my first Z car and im slowly getting the idea of this car,,the fuel pump issue is working but no sprk to ignite the gas,,ive done all th obvious,,plugs,,wires,,the motor is out of a 83z,,and im using the 83 harness,,any help would be loved,,

welcome to the z world, i have done the same swap u did and i didnt have spark for like one month, ok one thing u need to check is the pulse signal coming from the ecu to the coil ignitor. when i wired mine up first time i blew the ignitor and that was my problem for the get go. the ignitor is the little box next to the coil that has 2 wires going to it and then some go to the coil. u need an analog voltage meter,(just a cheap 10 buck one from the hardware store) a ditgital one will not pick up the puse. if u need anymore help, b/c i know i dont spell very good and sometimes hard to understand, email me at richardszparts@yahoo.com

Guest robs76

thanks:hail: BUMBLE ZEE for the heads up on my coil bracket not mounted to the fender,,seems it has to be grounded as well,,i feel real smart:bonk:,,but oh well she starts now,,,thanks everyone for the help,,now if i can just figure out the vacums ill be good