HybridZ

Where can I get a throttle linkage?

Guest TegRacer324

Guest TegRacer324

I'm trying to start up the L6 that is in the car right now only it does not have all of the throttle linkage. Basically everything from the pedal to the rod that goes lengthwise down the engine bay is missing. The one part that I definately need is the part that rotates that hooks up to the pedal. It's mounted on the rod from the firewall and the pedal has a linkage right to it. I looked in the Victoria British magazine, but in their diagram there is no part number for it. Does anyone know where I can get this damn thing?

Guest TegRacer324

DAMNIT oh well it's only at a dollar right now. How much could it possibly be? I'm planning on doing a V8 swap anyway, but I want to get the throttle hooked up to at least see if this engine runs and be able to move the car.

As far as I know, even the 280zx used the exact same 'knuckle/ball socket joint' on the firewall. The rod that rotates to actuate the carbs is diffrent however, as on 280z and 280zx it operates the throttle body (using another ball/socked'd rod) for the FI. It's concevable that you could get the whole assemply from a 280z or zx and modify the long rod to work your carbs... I go on the assumtion that 280z/zx's will be more plentifull as they are newer.. may be a few in yards still.