HybridZ

Going to dyno in morning

So time has finally come to go and put my piece of s##t on dyno and since class that i am in right now is street legal performance (UTI) i have access to dyno. I dont get to tune it on dyno but i can squeze in two passes every two hours and about six passes in whole day. I am guessing that my base line will be about 230-240 whp with 10psi (spikes to 12) and thats with about 10:8 to 1 a/f at wot. Afther i make base line pass if everything goes well and nothing blows up i will FINALLY change my fuel settings to about 11:8 to 1, put the boost controler on and set it to about 15-16 psi at which i hope to hit about 270 whp. Once again if everything goes good i will turn the boost down to 12 psi and take it to the track (i still have stock OEM turbo clutch but it has been really holding well). My previous 1/4 mile was 13.2 107mph 2.0 60' on 18's (drag radials are next lol). I will most likely update tomorow night when i get of work. Wish me luck guys.

Ivan

Guest ON3GO

if its the same dyno we had at my UTI school (dynojet of whatever model it is) it will read lower then most other dyno's.

we dynoed my Z at school and then went to dyno the car at 2 different other shops in town and it read the same or near the same at both the shops and those were a good 20hp more then at school.

im not sure which ones are correct but just wanted to let ya know.

have fun and good luck!

also you guys have good fans at your school? we had crappy ones and after one pass my intercooler was heat soaked like a mofo. BRING ICE!

mike

Man what a crappy day. Everything started off well got the car on dyno first thing this morning and it made 231 whp and 245 ft.lbs with 10psi on T-3 but something was up with dyno wideband so a/f curve looked all funky and crap lol but from previous datalogs on LM-1 afther 4k i am at 10:8 to 1 and yes Mike we got that same dynojet that you guys have. Afther those pases i leaned it out by 5% from 1.5k to 4k and from 4k to 7k 10% ( no i dont shift at 7k lol). At the same time i added manual boost controller but since i got big hands i had guy from my group put on vacuum hose from external wastgate to boost controller. Then we had some stupid a$$ presentation from Hot Rod Magazine so we lost like hour plus some in which time i could have made two more passes but no biggie i am thinking i can still make two more passes by end of the day. So right before end of the class its our turn to dyno but first thing we had to do is dial in boost controller to 15psi. So i get third gear roll on and i go wot and bang 22psi (for about split second). So we turn the boost controller all the way down do the same thing all over another try bam 22psi and it wanted to keep going. At this time we are running out of time so i tell the same guy that hooked up my vaccum line to go and unhook boost controller and we were going to run it at 10psi that wastegate is set at. So finally i am on my way in third gear i go wot (i assumed that everything was ok so i was looking at my fuel pressure gauge) then real quickly i glanced at boost gauge and that thing got pegged out 30+psi so i let go of gas but not afther some funky a$$ noises came from my exhaust lol. At this time i am not to happy i pop the damn hood and i take the look at my hoose from external wastegate to compressor housing and it turns out that my dumm *** friend hooked up vacuum hose in wrong port on wastegate so there was nothing to control the damn thing. Everything came out good and nothing blew up and i cant blame him for messing up because i really did't show him which exact port to hook it up (i forgot that its kinda hard to see) so he pluged it in the one that kinda looked obvious. Not really to bad of day except that on the way home i ran out of gas (no fuel gauge lol) but my MSD 6AL will be here today and next tuesday i belive we have lab day so that gives me few days to dial it in and hope that my clutch dont give up in meantime because i am pretty sure that i did not enjoy those 30psi +.

Ivan