HybridZ

Anyone used these?????

I was cruising ebay for AN fittings and kevlar/SS braided lines and found a number of auctions for parts from NASCAR teams - the lines and fittings, but also for aluminum radiators, MSD, etc. The prices were low and the condition appeared to be good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42604&item=7971858264&rd=1

Anyone using these or have any thoughts?

Bryan

Dat240zg

XRP Kevlar is good hose. Better then steel braid for most automotive applications but its expensive and you need a special crimping machine to attach and remove the hose ends. If the length, fittings, and clocking is correct for your applicaiton then its worth buying.

But, on BIG caveat: Check inside the hose for debris. Metal shaving sometimes catch on the inner lining and are hard to remove. Later, in use, those shavings work loose and travel throught he engine. There are sonic testing and cleaning places that can make sure the hose is free of debris. Critical Operations in Santa Ana, CA is a company I've used before.

Personally, I never buy used hose. I will resue hose that I've had from new and know its entire history but I'm not willing to risk an engine to save a couple bucks on hose.