HybridZ

dallas/ft worth shop..

anyone know of a shop in the DFW area of texas that can weld in the bottom collar for me to install coilovers ?

the shop that was given to me to do it.. well i called them and they said they only buy and sell cars now.. :(

so i'm in DIRE need for a shop to weld on the bottom collar for my threaded sleeve to rest on!!

HELP!!!

I called alot of welding shops and most of them are closed on weekends :( also tried calling muffler shops and they won't take the responsiblity and say goto a body shop called body shops and they don't have access to welding..

argh I can't find someone to do this!!

I thought the name had changed. Sorry about the recommendation. The original place did a great number of jobs for me. A shame they are nolonger.

There is a weld shop off Belknap just west of Beach, if I remember correctly. I'll swing by this afternoon and see what they can do for you. I take it your trying to do your coil overs this weekend.

If worse comes to worse, we have a guy that has a welder up at work. He welded for a living at one time. I'll see what I can work out with him.

spotfitz it's ok :D

i found a shop caleld wolferacing that can do it! in arlington no doubt :(

either way, bartman are you using 5in sleeves or 10in ?

the kit i ordered from modern was 8in springs with 5in sleeves. I'd hate to take it apart and my sleeves be to short to reach the perch.. or so on :(

if so then this makes me happy cause I can easily remove the perch myself (dremel and lots of patience)

i called them and they qouted me 50 bucks which isn't so bad for all 4 sides :D

but if i can do them without the welding then that's 50 bucks back in my pocket :D

either way i'd really like to know if it can be done with 5in sleeves and no welding.

spotfitz it's ok :D

i found a shop caleld wolferacing that can do it! in arlington no doubt :(

either way' date=' bartman are you using 5in sleeves or 10in ?

the kit i ordered from modern was 8in springs with 5in sleeves. I'd hate to take it apart and my sleeves be to short to reach the perch.. or so on :(

if so then this makes me happy cause I can easily remove the perch myself (dremel and lots of patience)[/quote']My sleeves are somewhere around 5" (I'm not at my car to measure, but they are definitely not 10"). Mine are from Arizona Z car. I removed my lower perch with a cutoff wheel on my el cheapo grinder. It just took a couple of minutes and it Worked great:2thumbs: