HybridZ

Are There Any Shops That Would Install A Sr20?

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I HAVE A 1977 280Z.... THAT I WAS GOING TO PUT A 327 IN BUT I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR MONEY TO DO IT THE WAY I WANT TO RIGHT NOW. I HAVE ACCESS TO A SR20DET MOTORSET AND I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL THAT INTO MY Z IN ITS PLACE BUT I'VE GOT ONLY 1 MONTH TO DO IT WITH NO EXPERIENCE WITH SR'S IN Z'S (KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE 240SX, DONE A FEW OF THEM). I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A SHOP TO DO A BASIC INSTALL WITH FMIC, 3" EXHAUST USING THE FACTORY STYLE DUMP(TURBO OUTLET) PIPE (FOR FUTURE UPGRADE EASE - GT2871R), AND A/C IF ITS POSSIBLE.

OHH I'M IN AZ, IF ANYONE WOULD DO IT PLEASE SHOOT ME A QUOTE AND I'LL PROVIDE THE MOTORSET AND CAR, AND PAY FOR EVERYTHING ELSE.

CHRISTIAN

PROJECTRB240SX@HOTMAIL.COM

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Cali Is Not Too Bad But It'd Cost A Fortune To Tow It There.... I Emailed Them, I Wish Someone Just Sold A Motor Mount Set And Instructions Or There Was Someone Locally.

Does Anyone Know If The S15 Helical Diff Fits The Rear Of The S30 Z? I Can Get A S15 For $1000 More Than The Blacktop But I Need The S15 Or The J30 Diff For The Speed Sensor.

sr240Z sells the engine cradle for the swap, not certain about instructions tho. The S14 or S15 rear swap is possible, but requires some modding... do a search on this site. Keep in mind if you end up with the S15 engine/tranny/rear combo that the 6 speed tranny is considered to be weaker and less reliable than the 5 speed. Also, while this may be one of the less expensive alternative Nissan swaps, it is still not going to be cheap, and requires ECU programming at the least, from what I have read. Jim Wolf does this, but is not cheap, and has issues with getting your product back to you in a timely manner.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Really Respect Your Work John And I Would Definately Love For You To Do My Swap..... What Is The Going Rate? Its Mainly Going To Be A Driver At This Point A Driver Is What I'm Focused On Later If I Get Another Car I'd Love To Make A Racer.

The Only Difference Between The S15 6 Speed And The Standard 5 Speed Is An Extra Ratio Between 3-4 Shift To Closen That Shift And Keep You In The Power Zone. I Have A Standalone I'm Going To Use From A Local Company That Does Sr Swaps In S13/s14 Chassis, He's A Good Friend Of Mine But He Doesn't Want To Do This Project As Of Yet Because He Is Busy And Said He Wouldn't Meet My Deadline.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I'm Not To Worried About The Price As I'm Going For The Basic Install With No Power Upgrades Besides The Fmic And 3" Exhaust. I Also Have A 327 Small Journal That Needs A Rebuild (VIRGIN SHORTBLOCK) And A Built T5 That I Would Trade Plus Cash For The Installation (no Wiring Or Exhaust) Of The Motor/trans And The Fmic Setup And I'll Do The Rest.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Found A Local Shop That Will Do All The Fabrication, Have To Work Out The Price First. Unless Someone Would Be Willing To Do The Install, Or Trade For Thier Fabrication Skills.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

List Of Stuff:

Install And Wire Sr20det W/ 5 Speed (will Furnish) With All Associated Necessities (fuel Pump, Etc.)

Install And Plumb Fmic (can Provide Ic If Needed)

Fabricate 3" Exhaust Utilizing Stock Style Turbo Dump-pipe (outlet Pipe)

Install Working A/c (car Has A/c Already, Motorset Includes A/c Compressor And Lines)

Install Radiator And Fan (can Provide Radiator And Fan)

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Yeah, If You Can Quote Me A Package Setup With A/c I'd Really Appreciate It. I Can Provide A Blacktop Sr If Needed.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Is A/c That Difficult Or Do You Guys Just Not Want To Deal With It? How Much Are The Redtops And Do You Have Standalones? I Have To Have The Car Here To Get The Standalone Deal And They Have To Tune It, Or I Can Get A Power Fc For The Install.

Is A/c That Difficult Or Do You Guys Just Not Want To Deal With It? How Much Are The Redtops And Do You Have Standalones? I Have To Have The Car Here To Get The Standalone Deal And They Have To Tune It, Or I Can Get A Power Fc For The Install.

the redtop s13 engine and tranny are $1250+ tax, if you wanted a standalone and woud like SDS you can call them directly but tell them you are a member of hybridz. SDS is very user friendly, i have also heard many good things about the Power FC but to run that you need the stock harness as well.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Can The Stock Ecu Be Made To Work? I Have Some Ecus And Can Get Brand New Harnesses If It'll Work For Now. Well I'd Appriciate A Estimate FOR YOUR MOTOR AND INSTALL When You Get A Chance. THATS HALF THE COST OF THE BLACKTOP I CAN GET SO THATS EVEN BETTER.