HybridZ

Installed my header... I'm impressed!

olie05

My old set up was the stock manifold with a half-blocked off egr outlet, and the msa turbo head pipe with only 2/3 bolts holding it to the manifold. Obviously I had some leaks.

My new setup is the msa square port header, which I ported out to match most of the gasket. (mostly the top edge) It fits right on to the turbo exhaust with no problems, apparently.

Well, I just drove the car and the difference is ridiculous! The exhaust note has quieted down, there are no more exhaust leaks (the cabin is not as exhaust-y) and there is a noticable increase in power. as In real pull from 3k rpms instead of 4k. Anyway, I thought I'd report my results for anyone considering switching to a header.

-Oliver

average butt dyno is sensitive to 25hp, must be at least a 25hp gain or your butt needs re-calibrated. Just kidding around. When I installed my intercooler the gain was apparent by the butt-o-meter. And measurements did show a pickup of about 30hp. Pick up an old g-tech meter at the least for like $20 and then you have a yard stick to see how upgrades add up. May not be the greatest but katman might ease up on you.

Just what I love, good ole butt dyno numbers to prove once again that headers make huge increases in power!

hey... I never quoted any numbers... I just said it pulled from a lower rpm.

you want some numbers? try 100hp extra, but that's just due to the blue header paint I used. :-):burnout:

Well I bet it couldn't beat how long it too me too change my valve cover gasket. I started it 2 months ago and still haven't put it back together.:twisted:

So when are we going to track olie to see what is faster good ole carb power or efi magic. I've got 5 on the efi.:twak: Ed/Mike/Jermery/?.... anyone else for a cruise to baytown.

Mike's doing my U-joints for the halfshafts, then my new mechanical advance dizzy should be coming in late next week for the webers, also got 90% of the parts i need to run my return line on the webers. lol don't know If I'd pass track inspection with my high tech leather belt battery holder lol. But atleast I can watch!

lol

-Ed

(leavn' the 25th be back Junes 1st)

tech inspection consists of a guy with really bad teeth takin' a peek at your car, writing a number on it and making you sign the waiver...

not very tech-nical at all...

btw the header is still working great! I'm addicted to my newfound horsepower and the sound is amazing!!!

-Oliver

I think the only differences in our cars is I have a light weight flywheel, e88 head vs your n42, and I have 225/60 bfgoodrich on my turbo rims. also I have a msd 6al, and a mallory unilit dist. But everything else is the same.... Umm nevermind not much left Should be a good battle never the less.