HybridZ

Clutch problems???

Guest bruiZer

Guest bruiZer

ok, heres the deal....we had to pull the motor on my brothers 240 to install a new crank...while we had the motor and tranny out we decided to go ahead and put in the R180 diff he bought. we got everything back together and start the car, push in the clutch, put it in gear, let the clutch out and nothing! the car didnt move...

so we think we mess something up with the clutch...we pulled the tranny again and everything checked out. so we reinstalled it....started the car put it in gear and nothing....oh i might add that while the motor is running we can easily put it in geasr with out the clutch.....

Any ideas of what we skrewed up on??? help we are at our wits end!

Sounds like something is hanging up and not allowing the bearing to come back to release the presure plate.. Is the release/throwout bearing instaled correctly? Or.. while the engine was out, did the clutch pedel get pushed maybe? With no clutch/engine to push on, it would just pop the slave cyl piston out, and maybe it's jamed/stuck out, therefore holding the fork forward? (would cause the clutch to be constantly dissengeged..) Simple check would be to have someone press the clutch pedel while another person watches for movement of the throwout fork on the side ofthe tranny..

Guest bruiZer

ok, heres a new one i didnt know about...

when the car is in nuetral the drive shaft spins(can be stopped by hand).

when its put in gear the drive shaft spins faster but the car doesnt move.

Guest bruiZer

we pulled the tranny to see if the clutch being in wrong was the culprit...that wasnt it...the diff is screwed up...we put the old diff in and problem solved.