HybridZ

oem zxt ignition +megasquirt

randy 77zt

Not with straight MSS, Randy---there is no dwell control.

It may interface with later ignitors that seem to have more wires going to them, so maybe they do more than simply gate the transistor.

MSS-E may be able to do it with its features.

I am also not sure of the gate. Rise or fall to trigger the transistor. The signal from the MSS is VERY different from what I understand the stock ECU gives.

On an O-Scope, the MSS gives: _________-__________-_________-_________-__________

I believe the stock ECU gives the opposite, ----------_----------_----------_----------_

Shouldn't be hard to transform, but as we all know, I am not an electrical guy! LOL

thanks tony-i get the waveform stuff.i took 2 years of electronics in college.but that was in early 80's before windows.so i suck with computors becuase i dont know much about software.so now i am trying to figure out the megatune initial settings with the ms notepad.i dont know notepad.i am going to run mss&e.at least that is what the pre-assembled ms is supposed to be loaded with.i might try hooking the little yellow wire to the ms just to see what it will do.i figure if i am going to trigger a msd it might work on the yellow wire.i am going to have to get my girlfriend to help me with the notepad though-i am getting pissed.my motor is on a stand that i can run the engine on out of the car.if i put moby's tune in it it should run-i got his file.but i want the engine to run before it goes in the car.

they have me going up north whenever I get back from Venezuela. I have to see a customer in Sac'to, and maybe over in Tahoe. So while I drive through, I can stop by. I always stop off in Modesto anyway to molest the idiots who formerly employed me (Atlas Copco / Summit Industrial).

Nothing like stopping by with a smile on your face to let them know they lost another customer. "Professional Courtesy", doncha know! LOL