HybridZ

what do you suggest for a first ignition upgrade

"what do you suggest for a first ignition upgrade"

The "first" ign upgrade I would do is using a ZX dizzy. IMO that will give you hot enough spark that you will want to keep it. If you want a RED cap' date=' then just paint it red. Who's gonna know?[/quote']

LOL good point. i've already decided to go with the ZX dizzy and MSD 6AL, i just need to find a good set of used ones for cheap.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

Post in the WTB sections of Z sites and you can find some excellent buys on Mallory's. I am currently running a Uni-lite I bought used for $75, and have two dual points Mallory's I bought for $50 each, just hunt they are out there. One of the dual points is supplying ignition power to my 1981 Kawasaki 1300, and works perfectly.

I just added a Mallory Hy-fire VI multi-strike Cd box to the Uni-lite, incredible adjustability, dual rev limiter, hi-speed retard for the NOS, start retard for the big cam, and a programable RPM window for NOS flow. Also with a optional MAP sensor programable retard per pound of boost. The box was $239 from Summit.

Bill

84900073554-R1-022-9A.jpg