HybridZ

Rebuilt Turbo Z Engine - Is this a good price

I have been planning a Turbo swap for a while. I have a donor 1983 280ZX with 239k miles. I am going to have the engine rebuilt. I found this site. Does anyone think the prices are too high? Does anyone know the difference in the 3 L28ET's they have listed? Any other suggestions? After the part number, the numbers are price, core charge and shipping. I found these on rebuilt.net

NISSAN 2.8 2752 L6 - L28ET 12/80-83 280zx Turbo, L28ET, SOHC, Ajustable Rocker, Square Exhaust Ports 322A CALL $300 $175*

NISSAN 2.8 2752 L6 - L28ET 80-6/83 Oem Rebuilt Turbo Engine, 280 ZX Turbo, L28ET, SOHC, Hydraulic Rockers, Round Exhaust Ports. 321N $1,790 $300 $175*

NISSAN 2.8 2752 L6 - L28ET 9/82-6/83 280zx Turbo, L28ET, SOHC, Hydraulic Rocker, Round Exhaust Ports 321A $1,190 $300 $175*

Well, they also have hydraulic rockers, which is not a good thing.

I would go for the first one, depending on how much they want for it. The price isn't listed for that one.

Anyway, why not just get a cheaper turboengine, of ebay or of the for sale forum here. Then tear the engine down, and rebuild it yourself and let a machine shop do the things you can't manage yourself. You will get a much better engine that way.