HybridZ

CV axle swap and rear sway bar

wigenOut-S30

hey guys. I have a set of the CV axles in which I want to do the conversion with the adaptes from Ross. I have been reading about some issues with the CV's in and getting in the way of the rear sway bar. I do have upgraded sway bars as well. I do not want to get rid of the sway bar if at all possible. So if anyone is using this swap with upgraded sway bars please chime in.

Thanks

I did the CV swap and just bought sway bars which I have not installed yet.

I did a test fit and found that the end links are very close to the CV joints but don't touch, although I didn't compress the suspension so I'm not sure everything will clear. Based on the movement of the CVs when the suspension is compressed there should be more clearance so I'm hopeful.

There is another thread that discusses this subject and I think concluded that the clearances are tight but should work. One option is to shorten the end links to provide more clearance, this is what I'm going to do if things rub as I to want the rear bar.

Which axles do you have? Mine are the 300ZX turbo axles which are the ones discussed in the other thread. I believe the 280ZXT axles will not clear but don't quote me on that.

Wheelman

As you can see in the photo below, the swaybar link is forward of the halfshaft (one that uses 280ZX joints). With a front mounted bar, I don't think you'll get into any problems, but with the rear mounted bar, you probably will. I did have problems at full droop, which is why I cut off the ends of the swaybar, and welded "L" brackets onto the cut ends. This bracket offsets the link (a Stanza ball/socket link) just enough so that no interference takes place.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I did the CV swap and just bought sway bars which I have not installed yet.

I did a test fit and found that the end links are very close to the CV joints but don't touch' date=' although I didn't compress the suspension so I'm not sure everything will clear. Based on the movement of the CVs when the suspension is compressed there should be more clearance so I'm hopeful.

There is another thread that discusses this subject and I think concluded that the clearances are tight but should work. One option is to shorten the end links to provide more clearance, this is what I'm going to do if things rub as I to want the rear bar.

Which axles do you have? Mine are the 300ZX turbo axles which are the ones discussed in the other thread. I believe the 280ZXT axles will not clear but don't quote me on that.

Wheelman[/quote']

yeah I have the 280ZX CV's. Blue oval that looks awesome. I will way my options and go from there.