HybridZ

Cutting Out Randomly

OK i finished my turbo swap and had everything running smoothely then she decided to get strange on me.

I hooked up the stock tach after a few days of running with out it.. then after a few day with the tach i ran a hot wire from my starter to under my dash because my car would start with the key, but that is a different story..

Here is my problem it is usually under acceleration my car will completely die, by that i mean my tach dies and my engine just shuts off it has never been for more than a few seconds..

My thought is that it is an electrical problem, the coil seems to be down tight but i am just using screws to hold it down (i had to relocate it) so maybe it isnt, any help would be greatly appreciated i tryed to think of anything that i could have done that would cause the problem and will answer any more you have.. Thank you for the help..

First off I would unplug the ecu and plug it in after a few minutes, with the positive battery post disonected, see if that does anything. After that I would check the ground to the power transistor, has to be a good ground or the car wont run. After that I would see if the AFM flap was stuck or binding at all. After that I would pop open the distributor to see if the rotor may be working it self off. Are you sure theres no boost leaks???

You might want to check the condition of your fussible links. My tach went went to zero a few times while I was autocrossing. Turned out to be the fussible links were not creating good contact with the connections. I replaced them with a glass type fuse block and soldered the connections.

-Oliver

I'm not sure if this aplies to the turbo dizzys, but the 'black box' on the side (ignition module) can go bad and cause this problem on N/A cars.. Eventually it'll get worse, and just die suddenly.. sometimes for a few minits, or maybe hours. :icon8: OR.. could just be loose/corroded conections.