HybridZ

I have a problem...........

Im doing an engine conversion that requires me to install larger brakes on my car for rego.......

A couple of months back i went out and bought a set of Performance Lotus Wheels (17" by 7"), can see the wheels at www.performancewheels.com.au

These wheels increased the offset by 14mm, i can legally increase my wheel offset by 25mm, so i have 11mm of space left,

The problem with these wheels is that they are extremely close to the spring perch and at the moment i cant run any bigger tyres then 205/40-17 without having clearance issues,

I would ideally like to run 225/45-17 or possibly 235/45-17 (the 235's are alot cheaper to buy is AUS but i will most likely have clearance issues with the guard if i run these)

So i am probably limieted to 225/45-17's with these wheels unless i use bigger than 11mm spacers and lip the guards - atleast at the rear,

Therefore to run 225/45-17 i will need to increase my wheel-offset by atleast another 8mm to clear the front spring perch,

Which it just so happens i can do if i use www.hoppers.com.au hopperstoppers brake upgrade kit for a 260z, they use a BA Falcon Rotor (300mm) and PDR Calipers and to get the rotor centred in the caliper they use a spacer which pushes the rotor out 8mm, thus increasing the offset by 8mm,

Then i need to worry about the rear brakes, i was thinking i would use Ross C's rear disc kit (290mm rotor with 240sx Caliper),

So fianlly to my question,

Anyone got a better idea of how i can increase my wheel offset to use bigger tyres, keeping in mind that i also need to upgrade my brakes and i dont wanna lip the guards?

&

Does the HoppersStoppers Front Brakes and MM rear brake kit seem like they would work well together?

I'm confused, if the offet is more than stock why are the tires so close to the spring perch? I would measure the off set again. I think you may have narrowed the track of your car not increased it.

Mark

Cant really justify the expense of coilovers at the moment, dont really have the cash and there is lots of other stuff that i want to do,

The offset of the Wheels givin to me be the Manufacturer is 20 positive,

I dont know how they worked the increase in offset,

But,

What they said to me was the centre-line of the rim - by using these wheels it has been pushed out 14.2mm