HybridZ

T56 Shift Kits

Phantom

I have the Hurst, I like it... my son has the B&M and the throws are shorter than my Hurst. I have driven one with the Pro 5.0 and didn't care for the positioning. Boils down to personal preference.

The Hurst shift handle bends toward the driver, the B&M is shorter and straighter, the pro 5.0 is also straight and taller than the B&M. As far as the stops in the shifter, the T-56 has internal stops so I think that it's not necessary on the shifter. You can't bend a shift fork due to pushing the shifter too far.

Look around and see if anyone has one in their car and try the feel. Any of them are a better option than stock.

Jody

Jody,

With what you've said I would tend toward the Hurst shifter. My current T56 location has the shift lever about 1/2" forward (toward the firewall) from the stock 280Z location. My original datsun shift lever has been modified with a tab on it that allows it to bolt to the back of the stock lever and come off at an angle that moves it back even further - long legs and short arms.

The Hurst has a bend at the base to bring the shifter toward the driver about 1"- 1 1/2" and back slightly also (F-body 4th gen model). I find the location very comfortable. Again... personal preference.