HybridZ

T5 aftermarket slave

Guest Dylan

Guest Dylan

I have a WC t5 tranny from an 89 camaro but I guess I lost the slave to it. I now need a new one but after hearing how crappy the regular GM one is, are there any aftermarket slave cylinders that are better for tapping or have an interchangable hookup. I do not want to buy one just to crack it or ruin the threading. Or if anyone is willing to sell me an adapter that would be nice...I need options!

-Dylan

Because I HATE using an internal hydraulic release bearing, My plans are to use an aftermarket slave Cylinder from Quartermaster OR I'll be using a unit out of a C4 Corvette. I'm gonna order a couple different units and test fit them to see what works best. I HAVE had success using the Nylon bodied units you describe, but in a T56 application and tapping and rethreading them is truly simple and easy to do.

Mike

Guest Dylan

I wasn't that worried about it being too difficult...I was worried about the slave cylinder weing a weak link/shoddy part with the possibility of damaging it. It doesn't sound like there are many options, I'll probably just order one from NAPA...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...