HybridZ

Check out my $300 special!!!! (75 280Z)

I just got my most recent purchase delivered today. Its a 75 280Z, it has a blown head gasket and is a previous theft recovery. There's a bit of rust under the battery, which I will kill with some elbow grease and POR 15 this weekend. The body is very straight and all doors and hatches/hoods close well and panel gaps are equal all around. I'll see about uploading some pics.

Car Picture 002_thumb.jpg

Both sides look like the one above. I've taken about 60 pictures of it now, (of various underbody areas etc...) The frame rails are untouched and still has the undercoating on them. There are two body drain plugs out on the passenger side just behind the seat, but those and a very recent (probably from the guy getting it here) scrape on the undercoating on that side is it as far as the body goes.

It does look like there's a bit of rust on the sway bars, crossmembers etc...

Those look like they were washed in salt. The inner fenders look real nice and inside the rear quarters looks brand new.

Thanks for the replies, now I just have to keep from screwing this one up.

This makes up in small part for the rust buckets I've bought the last two times. Ez-E, I feel your pain. I've been so frustrated on not being able to find a decent car for awhile, then this one drops in my lap.

(did I forget to mention that this car was transported 60 miles and delivered by the previous owner free of charge!!)

Guest Battle Pope
Thanks for the replies' date=' now I just have to keep from screwing this one up.

This makes up in small part for the rust buckets I've bought the last two times. I feel your pain. I've been so frustrated on not being able to find a decent car for awhile, then this one drops in my lap.

(did I forget to mention that this car was transported 60 miles and delivered by the previous owner free of charge!!)[/quote']

WOW!

It has the same wheels as mine, too! In a bit better shape though!