HybridZ

1970s opel wheel specs"??????

fl327

an opel-the one that looks like a little z car kinda has these cool rims that i like, its in a tow yard and its for sale. i would pick it up just for the rims, its got panasports on it with new tires. need to know if they are the same offset and wheel lug spacing as a z, this will cement the deal, an opel gets snowflakes and my z gets panas. anyone????

Guest timhypo

Buy it. I'm sorry I don't know about the wheel spacing, but the Opel may be the only non-european car as sexy as the early Z. I lusted after one for years, but decided that a Z would be waaaay better for parts availability/upgradibility. You could measure the lug spacing with a ruler if the car is close or just buy some minilites for your Z - they're not that expensive.

Len,

I've been looking for an Opel for months and can't find one that I like (cheap). Maybe we can make a deal?

Can you give me info on condition (not worried about engine/trans etc, but mostly body, interior and structural integrity.

Tim

BTW, Where are you?

Len, I bet the bolt pattern is smaller, but that is just a hunch. The car is in San Francisco or Daly City? I would take a measuring tape out there. You could still sell the wheels to a Toyota guy if you don't need them.

Davy

man, what a pity you don't live in Dallas. I just ran across an Opel GT in a pick-a-part lot this weekend, and it's in nearly perfect condition. A little rust on the wheelwells and showing a little age in the paint, but otherwise it might sell on the open market as a complete car.

I think they're cute little cars, too!

aghhhhh! the rims look tough too, i will have to measure them to make sure. tim, the body looks good, im sure it will run, the rims are spotless and the rubber is new, my buddy at the yard says the guy got his car took for racing, and he has a couple days left before they lien him out, i would be willing to sell the car with snowflake wheels or not depending if they fit if i can get a finders fee.....