HybridZ

chevy 350 & stock nissan 5spd

Guest gravel

Guest gravel

Have project, want to use existing 5spd (nissan) and squeeze a 350 in the hole. Issues with connection/conversion to trans?

OR, is 350 turbo better/easier/more reliable for this hybrid????????

Gravel........

Nissan 5spd and SBC Wont go together without big custom work.

turbo 350 is good, but they dont go well with z rear gearing and tire height.

it will get the car running and should hold up well though.

OR' date=' is 350 turbo better/easier/more reliable for this hybrid????????

Gravel........[/quote']

Yes. :)

If that's what you can afford and you want automatic go with it. If you can afford more get a 200r4. I have the 350th with 3.90 gears and I'm happy, but mine is not a daily driver. Atleast it's not supposed to be...

I for one would like some more info on your statement concerning the use of a Turbo 350.....

LARRY

I think what he means is the Turbo 350 is a 3 speed and will be usable up to a point---the point at which you get out on the freeway and wish you had a 4th gear!! It's a good drag trans, but not as good as the overdrive autos...

Davy

I think what he means is the Turbo 350 is a 3 speed and will be usable up to a point---the point at which you get out on the freeway and wish you had a 4th gear!! It's a good drag trans' date=' but not as good as the overdrive autos...

Davy[/quote']

I understand what you say but that's not the way I read his statement.... Interestingly look at this post and the guys that are looking at swapping to the Turbo 350.....

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101989

Anyway it's all good.........:burnout:

Speaking of Z rear gearing and tires...

My R-230 swap JULY 11....

My KONIG 15x7 with 225-50-15 on the car now....

LARRY

I made that statement simply because I had to deal with a 1 to 1 final drive ratio with a Muncie 4 speed 327SBC scarab z conversion, thats where the screen name comes from. It was great driving around town, but jumping on the freeway and doing 60 (maybe even a little less)@3000 rpms in a 240z really sucked for me, and I drove one like this for years. Funny part is, the th350 and the 4 speed muncie and t10 gear boxes are my favorite transmissions... Period. I only broke one trans in three in a half years of bring sheer terror to the hearts of street race fans across the bay area, and that because I let it run out of fluid. My second one held up fine to all the clutchless shifting, clutch dumps, and other antics indicative of a young man obsessed with VICTORY....

They will put the power down and handle a lot of abuse, that they can do, being passed by minivans full of kids while youre engine is screaming in the meat of its torque band and going nowhere isnt my idea of an ideal street car. The zcar is too limited in rear gearing choice for me to think about using a non od trans behind a v8 in one.