HybridZ

Pics of my 240z with Tokico Suspension Installed

I just finished putting it in yesterday. I got the Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable struts and Tokico Springs from Ebay.

I'm very happy with the ride quality. I like to set the struts on 3, 5 is a little harsh for rough streets and makes the car a bit bouncy. I wouldn't mind this if I was out to play around... but cruising down the 405 on the way to work bouncing on every little bump wears on me. I turned them down to 3 and it smoothed right out... very nice ride.

050611-HughFront.jpg

050611-HughSide.jpg

050611-HughHoodup.jpg

050611-HughEngine.jpg

050611-HughDash.jpg

This suspension is only temporary. I needed to put something in the car so I wouldn't die after dropping my SR20DET into the car. It was handling very poorly... now I feel I can trust the thing.

Thanks man! I am loving it.

When I got it, the back end was sagged really bad. Swapping the rears in left it at the same height. My nose was way up in the air... making it drive like a boat or something.

Now with the front end dropped, the rear doesn't looked sagged. It raised up and the front and rear sit evenly now. I couldn't be happier with it.

wait can you help explain how you fixed that problem? i have tokico illumina's witht the springs that im going to install soon.

If i got this right....:

First you had only installed front springs, which made the nose ride high, then you installed the back which kept it the same, and then....?

No, my rear suspension was much worse than the front... so I installed the rears two weeks ago and drove around with the stock blown crap up front. The ride was really rough due to the mis-matched rates front/rear.

Now I just put in the fronts, and it is great! The bouncing is mostly gone now. I may turn the struts up to 4 today and see how I like that.

With the stock fronts and the tokico rears set on 5, it was ridiculous! :icon44: It made my stomach churn on the bumps, it was so bad. :-D

Just put in all four and you'll be happy with it!