HybridZ

Hybrid-ized Datsuns 'o Plenty!!

Savage42

I met a couple of you at the NW Datsun Meet in Canby, Oregon this last weekend! It was a good show, with around 200 cars there. It's cool to see that nearly half of all the 510s, Roadsters & Zs had some sort of hybrid drivetrain. With the 510s, you have KA24, VG30, & SR20 power (turbo versions of each, too!). The Roadsters were sporting many SR20 powerplants, with some turbos and one with a turbo and automatic. Several V8 Z cars were there, too. If you think we Z guys may get some flack for putting V8s into our cars, I can tell you that many Roadster owners are much more fanatical and "purist" and seriously bad mouth the SR guys! Heck, I can't blame anyone for going the hybrid route, considering the cost of rebuilding an old, prehistoric drivetrain vs. a newer powerplant with more power, smoother performance and typically better mileage. The SR Roadster guys drove nearly 500 miles to Shasta last year, averaging 80-85 mph and got 32-33 mpg and stock have 170 HP. I'd go that route, too, if I had a roadster. Anyway, here are the pics.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=570

Damn man....would you fit :icon52:
Haven't tried to sit in one...that could be a deal breaker. There's been more than a few cars that I thought I wanted, and then sat in one and decided against it (I'm about 6'-2" 200 lbs).

I was after a 67 'vette until I sat in that. I've been looking around at new cars the past few weeks, and even the new Mustang doesn't have enough leg room for me:shock:.