HybridZ

My Wheel set.

I need help, I'm about to order a set of wheels from Japan; I'm looking into a set of 17X8 and 17X9. I'm using ground control coilover with the MR2 koni in the front and 206z front section koni in the rear. I don't want to use flares, but I will roll the fender as much as possible.

Please tell me which is the necessary offset to fit this wheels with 225X40x17 in the front and 235X40X17 in the rear.

the sooner I get the info the faster I can torder the wheels.

thank you.

Guest JAMIE T

You want to put a 235 on a 9" rim? I think Pete has 255's on his non flared Z. The details are on his website. If there is something missing, I'm sure he would be glad to fill in the blanks for you.

Time to get under the car with a ruler and measure clearances with the wheels you have now - and the offset those wheels have. That way you will know exactly how much room you have on the inside, and maybe how much you'll need to roll the fender wells. I know that you can run 225's all the way around with stock springs, no flare, and a +5mm offset and just clear everything. If you want to run 235's and your coil-overs are at least 1/2" smaller in diameter than the original springs then you might be able to just go with a +10mm offset and still do nothing to the fenders - that might even work in the front which would allow same-size tires all the way around. Need to check not only nearest point on the tire to spring and fender but also nearest point on the wheel.

Time to get under the car with a ruler and measure clearances with the wheels you have now - and the offset those wheels have. That way you will know exactly how much room you have on the inside, and maybe how much you'll need to roll the fender wells. I know that you can run 225's all the way around with stock springs, no flare, and a +5mm offset and just clear everything. If you want to run 235's and your coil-overs are at least 1/2" smaller in diameter than the original springs then you might be able to just go with a +10mm offset and still do nothing to the fenders - that might even work in the front which would allow same-size tires all the way around. Need to check not only nearest point on the tire to spring and fender but also nearest point on the wheel.

thanks for your info, it is very logical. I heard the same things from one of my friends. and he said that 17X8 +10 offset 225/40/17 and 17X9 +10 offset 245/40/17 would do the magic...

thanks, this forum rules...

Man you are at Fremon... I'm in Vacaville' date=' Let me know of any Z meets... I would like to see you car, that Z is clean...

[/quote']

That is Pete Paraska's car, not mine. His site has the info on the wheel size (roughly) that you asked about.

Davy

...I'm in Vacaville, Let me know of any Z meets...

Keep an eye out here in the events forum. Ron Fuller of ZONC pretty much keeps us hybrid guys up on all the Zonc (NorCal) events.

So far this year I've been to the Travis meet, near you in Fairfield, and the Blackhawk meet.

Even though these are Zonc events hybrids are welcome (and secretly envied) and a few always show up.