HybridZ

Volvo S90

I was at work yesterday and was cleaning up a volvo S90, when i noticed, hey.....its a straight six, and i also noticed..........hmmmmm, 24 valve. When i thought "wouldn't it b cool to have 181 hp straight 6 engine, with twin cams, and alot of room for upgrade"

Has anyone considered doing this volvo engine in a Z..... Straight six, 181 hp stock, twin cams, and theres gotta b a way to bolt a manual upto it, it comes with an auto. Its also 2.9 liters, so its not too much bigger then the Z engine-and it also averages about 23mpg stock.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2115/act/usedcarreviewspecs/

It says that volvo made no manuals? Crap, guess u'd hafta stay auto, or make a conversion-plate to hook it up to a t-5 or sumthin.

How cheap can these setups b had for, im not sure of how much the engine and tranny and wiring will cost.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Are you sure it was a I6, most of the time those crazy Swed's use a inline 5 cyl. I have a car with one of thier turbo Inline 5 cyl's and it pulls pretty hard.

Jeff

the inline-5 was actually developed with help from Audi and Porsche... appeared in the 850 (and the S70? whatever came after it). There have been at least one (that I've seen) place that did a turbo I-6 from an S90 (960, later name changed when Ford bought them). As far as manuals... I dunno, I do know that the RWD guys have put MkIV Supra 5-speeds on the 4-bangers, so I'm guessing there'd be some sort of option, at the very minimum I'd guess one of the fabricators here could figure out a adaptor plate or something...