HybridZ

Turbo rebuild

Guys, I'm getting closed on dropping an 82 ZXT motor into my 78 280Z.

I got a little carried away in "cleaning up" the ZXT motor and ended up doing a complete rebuild.

The stock t3 turbo had a little to much play in it so my brother is going to rebuild it for me where he works and has the proper equipment. He works for a heavy equipment dealer and rebuilds CAT motors and turbos.

My question is where can I get rebuild kits for the stock T3 turbo?

Without knowing the cost of rebuilding a stock turbo, is there somethign else I should consider like applying the cost of a rebuild toward the purchase price of some bigger turbo.

Thanks

I have the 82 turbo ECU, harness, fuel pump and most of the sensors. Plan is to get it running correctly in stock form first. Then add boost gage, manual boost controller, and start to tweak.

I have stock 82 down pipe and will have to buy/build exhaust to back of car. Hopefully 3" pipe.

Hope to get to 325 - 350 RWHP at some point and plan on adding megasquirt, WB 02 and better fuel pump along the way. I don't want to get to far ahead of my self. Right now I need to just get everthing into the car and get it running.

I've seen kits on ebay. Should be less than $100. I get parts locally. Look in the yellow pages under turbo. If your town is big enough there should be atleast one shop. If not I have got stuff from these guys. http://turbosdirect.com/

If you want more power and are plan on running more boost then I would get something bigger with atleast a stage 3 turbine wheel.

Yes it will replace the standard wheel in the stock turbo. If you buy a complete turbo it will coem with teh proper houising or you can have the stock one machined to fit the larger wheel. I would only gop bigger if you go with a larger compressor side and plan on running a little more boost.