HybridZ

5 speed or Auto.. The time is now..

hat1324

Allright, I have my Z, I have my motor, I have my turbo, I have my rear end, I have my radiator, and Im getting my IC.. Suspension is on the drawing board and now its time to finaly choose what to do..

I will have 600+WHP from my motor(turbocharged 351W) and as most of you swap guys know domestic trannys suck totaly when it comes to handeling tourque(stock anyway) and upgrading a transmission is about 2k..

I can go auto for WAYY less.. BUT if I switch to an auto I lose the ability to EVER do more then drag race. Cant Road race with a racheting auto(can you??)

cant auto-X...

I will BLOW UP T5's...

AHHHHHHHH

Guest Battle Pope

You can either just live with an auto, or drop 3k on a manual that will hold up.

Unfortunately there's no real gray area.

TKO600 for stick? i think thats the 600 lb ft one' date=' man your going auto :( too bad. O well each to his own!

BTW look into the top loader four, it should take 1200 lb/ft from what ive been reading (stick used on fairlane 500's and someother very heavy torquey cars)[/quote']

the TKO is a badass tranny, but wont hold up when I run racegas, I have a HUGE turbo.. and a WELL BUILT motor..

to get the tranny to hold it'll need to be upgrading to a MMR950 spc of it, witch is 2200..

Id go four speed in a heartbeat! got links???

Guest Phil1934

4 speed Top loader, <$1000. Who cares if it's wound a little tight? I've had a couple vehicles with 4.11 and no OD. I was never a radio person anyways.