HybridZ

questions about RB25 swap

dreco

I've been reading into this swap and like it the more I read about it... Ive read that this swap can be done with the motor mounts of a Z31?? anyone know the part number for that (didn't see it in the threads)?? also I've read about the tranny mounting fabrications, but I've only read about the 240Z with the later type mounting brakets. ( my transmission braket has 2 bolts that bolt straight up, not the braket that slides in between the flanges... anyone have any pictures of this fabrication?? or can you link me to where they are in this forum?? I think ultimately I'll have a shop do the labor (just becuase I'm so unfamiliar with this engine), but I figure the more I learn, the cheaper it will be for me in the long run..

I've read about the tranny mounting fabrications, but I've only read about the 240Z with the later type mounting brakets. ( my transmission braket has 2 bolts that bolt straight up, not the braket that slides in between the flanges... ..

I have this dillemma too. I think one way was to shave down the ears and weld on a plate. I can't remember who it was, but one member did that. Theres been a couple ways that have been done on this site. I have the photos saved if you want to leave your email so I can send you photos.