HybridZ

Need help with a/c

JTabora

I tried a search but nothing I found helps. It's actually a problem that I'm having with my 240sx. The a/c only works if it's put on the highest setting (1-4 with 4 being the highest). 1, 2, and 3 has absolutely no airflow. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks a bunch guys- Joe

this probably ISNT right.. but i'll just throw it up there just in case:

have you checked the contact points on the switch? 1, 2, 3 could be dirty or something..

also, maybe the switch itself shorted out somehow. if level 4 works, then i dont think there is a problem with the blower or the A/C system.....

Its the resistor block for the blower motor. Just go buy a resistor block and put it in and I gaurantee it will fix it. On setting 4 the resistors in the block are bypass and that is how you get full power to the blower motor. Thats why in will only work on high.

Guy

Its the resistor block for the blower motor. Just go buy a resistor block and put it in and I gaurantee it will fix it. On setting 4 the resistors in the block are bypass and that is how you get full power to the blower motor. Thats why in will only work on high.

Guy

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that out first since the part doesn't cost too much. I'd hate to replace the compressor or whatnot just to figure out it's a small electrical fault. Thanks agian- JOE