HybridZ

Hmm.. here are my compression results on all 6 cylinders.. Good or Bad

proxlamus©

Recently my car has been smoking grey/blue BAD upon start up. It starts to smoke after about 2 minutes of warming up and the exhuast pipe is HOT then it burns.... so I assumed some oil was leaking...

I assume this is due to mis-aligned valve guides.. OR oil leaking from the turbo charger and sitting in the exhuast pipe... which I am still trying to source down.

Anyway here are the numbers for my 1978 280Z N47 and N47 head, with that damn turbocharger.. LoL..

my FSM for my 1978 says it should be between 164psi - 178psi so obviously my rings are a bit worn.. but bad enough to require an immediate overhaul?

Good or Bad?

Cylinder 1 - 130psi

Cylinder 2 - 130psi

Cylinder 3 - 125psi

Cylinder 4 - 130psi

Cylinder 5 - 125psi

Cylinder 6 - 125psi

I dono man.. maybe a bit low, but they're all pretty even across the board.. I'd say the smoking problem is all in your head.. :lol: Pardon the pun... Sounds like my stock N/A engine last year. (before the rebuild this past winter). Valve seals were shot, and every gasket/seal was dried up and leaking. Smoked like a bugger on startup, and didn't get much better after warm up. I got similar compresion readings, and figured rings/hone/head, ect. Bottom end was mint when I pulled it apart.. go figure.