HybridZ

Holley 4BBL. Identification help (390 CFM specifics)

I picked up a couple Holley carburators at a garage sale. I researched and about all I could decipher was that they are 4150 or 4160 models but not the CFM rating. .......... one is a Ford Motorcraft made by Holley with #'s: E3TE-9510-RC......LIST-5003.....2432...... the second one is a Holley #:List 1850-2...1663.....These carbs were obtained for trading stock in hopes of acquiring a 4BBL 390 CFM Holley for the L 6 .. I am looking for a 4BBL 390 CFM Holley conversion to my 280 Z GTO 250 project in the future and need the knowledge to identify a 390 CFM carburator from all the rest Holleys

Guest tony78_280z

1850s are 600cfm and I believe they are all vac2nds

The 5003 isn't even in my book so I can't help you, and that means holley probably can't either.

According to my book, 390s will have the following list numbers

-6299-1 is a 4160

-6895 is a 4150

-7411 is a 370cfm 4150

-8007 is a 4160

-80507 is a 4150

-80507-1 is a 4150

-80507-2 is a 4150

If you need any more info on any of these carbs let me know.

Thanx: Terry and Tony..... I have been researching 4 barrel manifolds and it looks like I should be very careful what I obtain as a manifold since uneven manifold lengths can cause bogging on acceleration.. Kind of a vanity issue since it appears the 4BBL system will look great all polished up !!!!! I printed the page and will be better prepared for my pursuit of the "perfect" 390 CFM in my search. CarTech, MSA and Arizona Z attempt to have some kind of almost equal system in their runners. I read one post that stated the best way to tune a Holley 4 BBL on a Z was to switch to Fuel Injection http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/larryjohnson97438/album?.dir=/392a

Guest tony78_280z

Hmmm... what you want a 390 for if you were lookin into wiring a 350 into you Z here?

You got 2 Zs? Or are you trying to figure out the best way to dump your 25+ year old EFI system? If I had to do it again, I'd keep the L6 and go with the ArizonaZ intake (Cam, Headers, MSD and Head work too) rather than drop in the 350. If your motor is sound, and you got a good 5 speed, keep it. Just my $0.02

LOL... Tony click on my photos http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/larryjohnson97438/album?.dir=/392a ..I have a flock of Z s The Holley question is for my 250 GTO project and the 350 SBC wiring is for the Tomahawk project. My Origin convertible Z is missing and the Tomahawk body was splashed in a clandestine operation for a fiberglass mold while I was absent the last 3 years. The 350 SBC was stripped as well as a lot of the parts to finish it. 3 years ago , Charlie and I bantered a lot about our wiring ability on this site. I used to post as Tomahawk Z. Good write up on the wiring which I will also print......thanx