HybridZ

urethane questions Help!!

I have a couple of questions about urethane air dams. There's a ton of info on painting them, but I couldn't find anything about installation. I've been looking for an air dam for my Z31. Like everything else, there ain't squat for the car. Building my own is cost prohibitave and way beyond my skill level. (I couldn't even get fiberglass to stick to bare, rough metal.) So here are my questions:

1. How will I get urethane to bond to the plastic front on the Z31?

2. The place I was looking sells both urethane and fiberglass, but lists the urethane as weighing 50 lbs and the same piece in glass at 160 can this be right?

I am leaning toward the urethane because right now the car weighs about 90 lbs less with the small block than it did with the VG30. I've searched here and that "other" sight. The other site gave me a lots of info on subwoofers :) but not much on anything I needed.

2. The place I was looking sells both urethane and fiberglass, but lists the urethane as weighing 50 lbs and the same piece in glass at 160 can this be right?

Sorry I can't help too much, but I think I know why the shipping charges are so high. It's dimensional weight charges thru UPS and FedEx that make shipping so expensive. DavyZ recently said that carbon fiber ZG flares were being charged for 30 lbs. No way the flares actually weigh 30 lbs, probably more like 3 lbs.

1. How will I get urethane to bond to the plastic front on the Z31?

For an airdam, you usually just take off the OEM piece and then bolt/screw on the new piece. If you mean ground effects on the sides of the car, those usually need to be taped or molded in.

On a Z31, the front facia is one piece with the bumper molded in. I think the airdam goes under the bumper and bonds to it. (but I ain't sure) I hope you understand that I am totally out of my depth with body work. especially plastics. (as opposed to metal)

I just want to do something about the fact that the car looks like it has a real bad overbite. At the rate I am going (I'm still trying to do something about the hood scoop) the tree huggers will have the forests so shut down that there will be no such thing as logging roads. :(