HybridZ

Boost leak?

I just finished my new fmic install, and I'm having some problems. The turbo is much slower to spool, and when I shift i get a single "BRRWAAA" type sound. I'm running a greddy type-s bov, and it worked fine before I put the new intercooler in. So I'm wondering if it is a boost leak or something else. I did mount the bov nearly upside down in this setup. I don't know if that would affect its performance or not. It doesn't seem like it should.

I did have to move the compressor housing and therefore the wastegate actuator. I wonder if i need to re-adjust the arm. I'm using a t3/t4 hybrid, so the setup is not stock.

okay...i think i fixed the slow spooling problem...it was infact the wastegate.

It still makes that sound though...but it doesnt do it on every shift under boost. It also doesn't seem to matter if it's 1 or 10 psi, it will still do it randomly. I've notice that with the new install, my bov sounds sharper than it used to. Maybe there is a connection.

okay...i found a small boost leak and fixed it. Now the sound is worse. I read somewhere that a strange sound is common after installing a fmic due to all the piping, but this is still worrying me...

I'll try to record it tonight if I can.

I have a similar problem that sounds like a massive air leak or the actual blow off valve leaking ( Type Crap ) blow off valve.. I tried to feel for it leak on the dyno and couldn't really feel it.. I am going to try and move my boost signal line around as if it makes any difference. I am thinking it could also be turbo surge from a weak wastegate actuator ( So I will soon put the heavy duty one on) If you find out what it is or anyone has any idea .. please post it. I am thinking it could also be the blow off valve leaking. I've had many people tell me they have had bad type-s b.o.v. even when they were new.