HybridZ

No Signals or Hazard

Guest 75-280Zee

Guest 75-280Zee

Hello all, Just picked up the car yesterday and am already stumped by what should be a minor problem, neither the flashers or any turn signals work, here's what I know.

1) I've checked the fuse (single fuse for hazard) and it's good as well as

having power to it (which I swear it didn't when I first checked it). It only seams to have power with the ignition on but I would assume that it should be hot always for the flashers?

2) determined there is no power at either the emergency flasher switch or at the TS switch (any of the green wires) (the schematic shows a direct connect from the fuseblock to the hazard but I have no power at the hazard while I do at the block)

3) I've changed the both 2-prong relays (flasher and signal)

4) I've checked the Emergancy flasher switch to verify it was working properly (checked for correct continuity in both switch positions)

5) Checked the turn siglal switch for good continuity

6) jumpered power from the battery (+) to the center (green) connection on the TS switch and verified that the correct lights come on (dash, front and rear) for left and right switch posistions (solid lights, no blinking).

I've discovered that my Chiltons wiring diagram for a '74 260 matches my actual wiring. The diagram for the '75 shows wires to the hazard switch that simply aren't there (I only have 5 green wires, no red or blue). Here is a link to a great website for wiring drawings (allas, no '74 drawings)

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/electrical.htm

Anyone know where the fuse link is that feeds the "combination switch", I can only find the two by the battery.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tony78_280z

Is your hazard switch plugged in. I'm thinking that if it is unplugged it wont run either the blinkers or hazards. The blinker wire is run through the hazard switch. So if the switch is plugged in, then replace it.