HybridZ

I Got an Armada 2.94 Differential!

cyrus

First off it is a 2.94. Second I believe it is a R230. Third it has not sensors on any in or output flanges. thirdly It seems to spin relatively freely. Is it a Viscous? No stick and I would rather not take the back off. I may get pics soon.

First off it is a 2.94. Second I believe it is a R230. Third it has not sensors on any in or output flanges. thirdly It seems to spin relatively freely. Is it a Viscous? No stick and I would rather not take the back off. I may get pics soon.

Do the outputs rotate the same way when you turn the input? Pretty high chance it will be a viscous diff if it's LSD as they're cheap and cheerful.

How many bolts are there on the top row holding the back cover on? If just 2 then it's most likely a R200, if it's 3 then you're probably looking at a R230 and if so you HAVE to pull it apart for the good of the community ;)

Get those pics taken!

Cheers,

Rob

Well I found out that Nissan idea of limited slip is to have the brakes selectively applied to the slipping wheel. That leaves me with problem. I have a perfect 2005 R230 with only 150 miles on it and no LSD. Can I add one. I will get pics shortly. Need some help.

As far as the 2.94 rear end gear it would be perfect for my 6 because Getrag V160 have a ~3.9:1 1st gear ratio. Even Supras run 3.08 adn 3.24 rear end gears.

Guest JAMIE T

Sure looks like an R230 to me. The carrier is tiny, LOL. The viscous carrier is alot bigger. Cyrus, I really appreciate you buying one of those and posting pics and such. It may be the case that Nissan offers more than one ratio for the Armada. I might go to the stealership and ask about it. I've got a 300ZXTT R230 that is going behind my RB26.

Before you go trying to find a viscous LSD from a used 300ZXTT diff, how much power are you planning on making and are you going to be launching the car on slicks? If you are going to be putting more then 350 Ft-lbs through the diff, I would recomend getting a gear type LSD or clutch type LSD not a viscous. There are plenty of aftermarket LSD's available for the 300ZXTT and Nismo even offers one with everything you need to install it including instructions and gear lube.

If you don't plan on making that much power...why would you even put the R230 in the car?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 73TPIZ

My '05 Titan has the towing package. I believe 2.94 stock and I have a 3.36.

My rear is solid axle but possibly the Armada ratios are comparable. I believe the turbo guys on here are always looking for the elusive 3.36 R200 so this could be promising.

Found it!!! Go here.

http://www.nissannews.com/

Click on Nissan at the top, then Armada, then Specifications. It says 2.937 regular and 3.357 for Off Road or Tow package.

Good Luck with it cyrus.