HybridZ

Project Silver Bullet - 240Z LS1 Swap Update 07/08/05

Time for another update.

My car has been at the shop since June 1st. I started to worry when they didn't work on it for the first 2 weeks. The were backed up with other work and needed to clear their shop of the little jobs before starting on mine.

The work finaaly began June 15th. They are moving along nicely. The motor and trans are in the car and fit great. They made a really nice trans crossmember and they have almost finished the sub frame connectors. Most of the wiring is complete. The fuel system is almost complete. The air intake is all worked out it just needs to be mounted. The A/C is almost ready they are waiting on the custom lines. The exhaust guy has seen the car and is reay to do his stuff when they get to that point. They said that they should be firing up the motor on Monday so I should make myself available if I want to hear it run. I was told that if I don't mind bringing it back for them to finish the A/C, I can pick it up next week. From what I saw today, I think they can get it done by then.

I posted some pics form my visit to the shop today in my member gallery. Check it out!

I can't wait to drive it.

I will update you all again soon.

Cool - you need to stop by and give me a ride!!! My Z is down for the count (327 making nasty valvetrain noises, 406 being assembled) and I need a fix!!!

I will be happy to Pete.

Will you have the new motor up and running in time for the Zvention? Do you need any help?

David

The 406 should be in and hopefully sorted by the convention. I'm at the cam install and vavle install stage and hope to have the long block ready in a week - hopefully pull the 327 at that time and swap the oilpan,intake,flywheel,etc. over to the 406 and do a direct replacement then. Yeah, the old 1-5/8 block huggers, corvette oilpan will have to do for a while.

Thanks for the offer of help - I'll let you know if I do!

Looking forward to that ride in the quicksilver!