HybridZ

Just a little help discerning Autopal lights.

EZ-E

Im looking for a set of Autopal H4 lights and came across these on ebay.

Both are from the same seller, at a good price too, and since I will be eventually once all parts are sorced upgrading to a projector type HID light, I will need a better glass then the stand halogen lense provides.

I was wondering and I did do some searching, and it seems the crysal glass lights are the ones to get. I know I answered my question, but what is the difference between these two sets of lights, and since I am going to go with the projection style HID lights which would be the better to start off with.

Auction one. 7" H6024 H4 HID EURO CRYSTAL DIAMOND HEADLIGHTS KIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=7985496277&category=33710

Auction two. 7" H6024 6014 H4 EURO CONVERSION HEADLIGHTS KIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=7985871322&category=33710

Now from what I can physically see, the first auction has a hood over the light to reflect it back to the base, and it seems that the glass is line free and clear.

The second auction has a lined lens and no refelctor.

I would think but Id like to make sure as this project will cost a bit and I dont want to spend money foolishly, that the first auction is the light housings I would want to go with.

Thanks for your time.

Hey I noticed you mentioned projector HIDs in your future. Why not give these a try, they have a projector lens already built in. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7986233217&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I'm sure they're not the same high quality projector like the OEM MBZ or BMW systems use but they're around the same price as the ones you're looking at.

FWIW, I had a set of the Autopals that looked like the euro versions in your post. I was not very happy with them at all. They never fir quite right in the stock bezels (trim rings). I got alot of shaking in the lamp and I was going through bulbs like crazy. My stock halogen lamps and other H4 comversions never did this using the exact same bezels. Just my experience, I know others have not had problems with them.

Also, even with the H4 upgrade, I never got the full light output from the lamps until upgrading the wiring. Check out Pete's site. This mod will help your headlights more than any drop in lamp.

- just my 2 cents